Friday, January 4, 2013

It's a tough road, but I can do it

Not only is losing weight is tough, but changing your way of eating and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle is tough as well.  This is only the beginning for me.  I just started, but I can already tell that my body is telling me "where is are the sweets, just let me have one, c'mon just one".  "C'mon one Dr. Pepper, I won't tell"  I'm not trying to go "COLD TURKEY" here, but I'm really trying to do my best to "stay away" just for a few days to change the way I am eating.  Let's face it, I  LOVE my sweets.  I don't over eat, I'm not a little piggie or anything, I just LOVE sweets!  ;) 

I figure, If I re-look at the way I am eating, start eating more fruits and veggies, more baked chips instead of regular chips, I will get used to it.  I will be able to have that "once in a while sweet that I just adore" but not all the time and still feel good about myself. 

This is a new beginning for myself.  I don't expect to look like a supermodel or anything ( of course that would be ok if it happened LOL), but I just want to know that I am healthy and that most importantly that I feel good about myself!  Isn't that the two most important things anyways!!!

I have been down this road before ( a couple of times, I'll be honest) and actually I would like this to be the last time I take this step.  I would like to take this step and just keep on stepping, keep on going....  I want this year to be THE YEAR!  I know that I can do it, I just need to be strong!  I know that once I see the improvements, that will be the motivation that will keep me going!  I did step on the scale this morning and I am down 3 pounds!  Hey 3 pounds is better than no pounds right?  This is a start!  I was happy!

I was happy to know that I lost the three pounds doing it on my own, no counting points, calories or anything, just eating right and exercising.  I stripped our pantry and fridge of all junk foods ( that I could, did leave a little for the kids ( like fruit snacks, gold fish, stuff like that, my kids actually do not care for a lot of junk food).   I stocked up on "real foods" Lots of healthy meals! 

Looking forward to the next few months to see what the days bring...

Happy Blogging,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment