Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My New Year's Resolution of 2013'

Wow! 2013' is here!  I can't believe it, It feels like we just celebrated New Year's last year.  Last night we spent ringing in the new year with the kiddos.  It was fun...We surprised them with a trip to Fudrucker's for dinner ( they love their shakes), we came home and decorated cupcakes.  They looked and smelled so yummy and good!  We played games...Dance Central Xbox Kinect, Apples 2 Apples and Sorry Sliders.

We watched some of the NY Timesquare, saw Taylor Swift, Justin Beber and more.  Tons of great music.

We all made it and stayed up till midnight.  The kids yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR" outside the back  door ( thats our tradition, they do it every year), then it was off to snooze land.  We had a fun family night saying goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013!  We had a great 2012 year and I can not wait to see what 2013 brings! 

Today we had our New Year's Day lunch at my dads with the family.  OMG, they served pork tenderloin, rice, broccoli cassarole, corn bread ( I made the bread) and of course my fav...black-eyed peas. My kids love them too so it wasn't hard to get them to eat some, and dessert that was chocolate pecan pie. ( I did good, I skipped out on the pie).  It was a nice visit and a wonderful first 2013 lunch! 

 We came home and now Chad and I are in our recliners relaxing watching football.  It's not New Year's without seeing a few games!

Now onto the ReSoLuTiOnS...... ( Da Da Da Da DAAAAA).... ;)

Last night we all sat down together and I wrote down each of our New Year's Resolutions.  It was fun listening to what the kids had to say.  I have to say, Chance told us one of his that melted my heart! Love it!!!!

I decided that this year I was going to make "Smart Resolutions".  No need to make a long long list, I just picked a few that I know I want to keep and know that these are ones that can be accomplished...

My 2013' New Year's Resolutions!

*Get in shape.  This is one that I have almost every year, but its not all about being the "smallest, or wear a small size"  I am going to work on this for "ME"!  I want to be healthy and to remain to have a healthy lifestyle. 

*Cook more at home.  This one is actually getting better, but we still eat out quite a bit ( who doesn't anymore) but I plan to work out a good system where when we are busy, we still eat a balanced meal and not something with the two words... "FAST FOOD" 


Well that is it...my resolutions for the new year!  I know I can do it and I hope to write on this at the end of this year to see that I did accomplish these!  I know I can....I know I can.... ;)

Hope everyone is having a great and wonderful start to the new year. 

Until next time....

Happy Blogging,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment